Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Gorge in flood Sept 2005


Gorge flood Sept 1 05 026, originally uploaded by FranW.

The Gorge is an integral part of Launceston, right in the middle of town and I am fortunate that I drive over the bridge many times daily. The South Esk River is once again in flood and it's a wonderful sight. I don't have any current photos so here are some from 2 years ago. This is the Gorge Cottage built for the gatekeeper. It's now accomodation for popel who participate in the Launceston Artists in Residence Program run by our local council. I can just walk down hill and then along the Gorge walking track to see all of this, I am so lucky!

1 comment:

Lindi said...

I've only been to the Gorge once, but I thought it was beautiful. How lucky you are to have it so near.
The flood waters must look quite spectacular in real life.